Note: Hi, mates! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn a bit of money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant approach to assist assist this website! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Oh, hi there there, mates! How are you all doing? I’ve actually been feeling the necessity for cookies, extra particularly chocolate chip cookies. I don’t find out about you guys, however I like my chocolate chip cookies on the dense and chewy facet with just a bit little bit of sweetness. These vegan keto chocolate chip cookies are simply that, whereas additionally being gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free.
A short time in the past, Think Eat Live despatched me a few of their Sunflour (sunflower seed flour) to strive. They despatched some recipes alongside, however my first intuition was to attempt to make the factor I’ve been longing for an eternity: vegan keto, chocolate chip cookies. It’s been an extended whereas since I’ve made keto chocolate chip cookies for the easy cause that the earlier recipe I used contained almond flour, and I’ve since developed an almond allergy.
For these of you with almond points, you most likely acknowledge how annoying that is. So many vegan, keto, paleo, plant paradox, grain-free, gluten-free and/or another sort of “alternative diet” recipe comprise almonds. It’s wild. Even peanut-butter flavored issues usually even have almonds, which, simply, why? Anyway, I digress. My level is, I used to be tremendous excited to obtain this flour as a result of it is freed from these pesky almonds, however can be utilized instead of almond flour in recipes. An entire new world is opening up!
In addition to being nut-free, soy-free and gluten-free, these cookies are coconut-free, dairy-free, egg-free and altogether grain-free. So, most meals allergy victims ought to be capable of get pleasure from them!
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- I used Sunflour for the flour, however you may additionally use almond flour or hazelnut flour (if you are able to do nuts!)
- The sweetener I like to make use of finest is from Lakanto (and you’ll really save 20% in your order with the code MEATFREEKETO). I often use the Golden Sweetener for cookies, however both granulated one works completely!
- To add a bit extra taste with out including too many carbs or energy, I generally prefer to sneak in a tsp of both cinnamon or espresso powder. This brings a bit of extra depth to the flavour profile with out being overwhelming.
- If you solely have psyllium husk powder, simply use 1 tsp as an alternative of the tbsp of entire husks!
- The omission of a leavening agent is on goal! I simply discovered it wasn’t tremendous obligatory. These puff up a bit on their very own.
- I like to make use of Alter Eco Blackout chocolate as a result of they use ethically-sourced chocolate the doesn’t ravage the rainforest or use slave labor or little one labor (no, actually…that’s nonetheless sadly really taking place. It’s additionally genuinely scrumptious chocolate that’s fairly low in sugar! To discover a model of moral chocolate close to you, try this website.
- I don’t advocate subbing in flax or chia for the psyllium husk. It simply produces a complete completely different texture. I will probably be updating this submit as I discover extra alternate options!
- While I try to supply correct dietary data, completely different manufacturers and sorts of ingredient have differing values. So, your calculations may be barely greater or decrease.
Vegan Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C and line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively the psyllium husk and water/nondairy milk and vanilla till no clumps stay. Set this apart for about 5 minutes. A gel ought to kind that’s stable sufficient to not be pourable, however continues to be a bit of squishy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir collectively the flour, sweetener and salt.
- Once the psyllium gel has arrange, dump it within the bowl with the dry substances and begin stirring. It will take a tiny little bit of effort to mix every part and for the primary 10-15 seconds, it may seem to be these won’t ever turn into cookies. However, I promise dough will kind! Keep stirring till all of the dry bits are integrated into the dough.
- Stir the chocolate bits into the dough.
- Divide the dough into eight equal sections. Roll every part right into a ball, and flatten right into a cookie that’s about 1cm thick.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet. These will puff up a tiny bit, however won’t unfold, so you do not have to fret about having an excessive amount of house between every part.
- Bake for round 25-30 minutes, till simply golden across the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet earlier than transferring to a cooling rack or your mouth. If you attempt to transfer them earlier than the psyllium and sweetener have cooled utterly, they won’t arrange and can smush or crumble!
These chewy and barely dense vegan keto cookies are an ideal sugar-free snack. They’re gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and surprisingly excessive in protein!