Our keto chocolate chip muffins make the right mid-day snack, or mild breakfast to start out the morning. They’re dense and stuffed with wealthy chocolate chips to make a sugar free deal with that’s unmatched within the battle of keto baked items.
Are Chocolate Chip Muffins Healthy?
For some cause muffins have gotten a well being halo, when in actuality they’re simply unfrosted cake. Granted they’ve much less sugar proper on high, they oftentimes have further sugar blended in to make them candy sufficient.
Muffins are additionally made with a number of flour, butter, and sugar which means you’re combining fats and sugar one of the addicting combos that result in overeating and weight acquire.
Plus, for many individuals the flour alone could cause irritation and cramping. It’s finest to keep away from conventional muffins in any respect prices. Each chocolate chip muffin has about 370 energy 49 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 30 grams of sugar (7.5 teaspoons in a single muffin!), 18 grams of fats, and simply 5 grams of protein.
Talk a few sugar bomb!
Sugar Free Low Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins
Thankfully our keto chocolate chip muffins are added sugar free, and sure, that’s all the best way right down to the chocolate chips!
Per low carb chocolate chip muffin there are simply four internet carbs and 1 gram of sugar. No want to fret about an insulin spike after which crash with this keto chocolate chip muffin recipe.
So, how had been we capable of make sugar free muffins? We used a keto pleasant sweetener mix that tastes similar to sugar, however isn’t going to spike your blood sugar.
An analogous sweetener mix was used at the hours of darkness chocolate chips to make sure the recipe is totally keto.
Keto Sweetener Options
We selected to make use of the Lakanto sugar free powdered sweetener. Their powdered sweetener is a mix of erythritol and monk fruit so you may get pleasure from it guilt free.
Some different sweetener choices are:
- Erythritol– Erythritol is a keto sweetener that has not but been blended with different concentrated sweeteners. This means it is going to be much less candy than sugar so chances are you’ll want extra of it on this recipe.
- Swerve– Swerve is one other firm that makes their very own keto sugar equal with erythritol.
- Allulose– Allulose is a uncommon ketogenic sweetener that may be present in some keto chocolate chip corporations and merchandise.
These are only a few of the various keto sweeteners on the market. Pick the one that’s the most value efficient and pleasing to you.
Each will work you simply might must barely regulate the sweetener to almond flour ratio in these keto chocolate chip muffins in order that they have extra sweetener should you don’t use a 1:1 product.
Keto Chocolate Chips
As for chocolate chips there are an increasing number of corporations popping out on a regular basis with keto pleasant chips. If you wish to use the identical model we did it would be best to get the low carb keto chocolate chips from Lily’s.
Lily’s chocolate chips are our favourite as a result of they’re made with good high quality components and use a mix of stevia and erythritol because the sweetener.
Some different good manufacturers to make these low carb muffins with are:
- Choc Zero– If you wish to make keto chocolate chip muffins you’re going to need low carb chips. Choc Zero is low carb and low sugar to be each keto and diabetic pleasant.
- ChocoXO– These are a terrific possibility if you would like a keto low carb chocolate chip possibility, however can’t do a number of sugar alcohols. These are made with 1 gram of cane sugar a serving which isn’t technically keto, however lots of people discover it simpler to digest.
- Lakanto Chocolate Chips– Lakanto sugar free chocolate chips are sweetened with monk fruit and erythritol to make the right keto muffin.
Gluten free and sugar free chocolate chips are nice to have on the keto weight-reduction plan as a little bit candy snack, or for making keto recipes. Buy a pair luggage, we promise they’ll be gone earlier than it!
Can I Make Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Muffins?
These keto muffins are made with almond flour which retains them gluten free, however there’s butter within the recipe that stops it from being dairy free.
You have two choices to make this dairy free. First you need to use clarified butter (ghee) which has the lactose strained and permits you to benefit from the buttery style with out as a lot abdomen misery.
Secondly you need to use coconut oil. This has much less taste than the ghee so some folks may desire it, but it surely does have a slight coconut-ty sweetness.
Either of those substitutions will work for the butter, it simply is dependent upon the flavour profile you need in your chocolate chip muffin recipe.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
Now that all about this sugar free recipe it’s time to make our almond flour low carb chocolate chip muffins.
To make chocolate chip muffins keto you’ll need butter, vanilla extract, salt, keto pleasant sweetener, blanched almond flour (not almond meal), eggs, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
Almond Flour vs. Coconut Flour
Our low carb keto chocolate chip muffins recipe is made with almond flour, not coconut flour. Coconut flour behaves very in a different way and requires quite a bit much less to make the identical recipe that almond flour would.
If you solely have coconut flour attempt our Lemon Poppyseed Muffin recipe as these chocolate chip muffins shouldn’t be substituted for one more flour.
Making Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
To make these keto muffins preheat the oven to 375 levels and line a muffin tin with muffin cups, or arrange a silicone muffin tray on a cookie sheet.
Next soften the butter and blend within the sweetener, vanilla extract, and salt. Make positive the butter is blended properly so it begins to whip.
Now add within the almond flour, eggs, and baking powder. To make the most effective keto chocolate chip muffins potential, be sure you combine till there aren’t any clumps.
Fold within the chocolate chips after which distribute the batter evenly amongst your 12 muffin spots. The almond flour muffins ought to make 12 medium sized muffins or Eight-10 jumbo muffins.
Allow the muffins to completely cool earlier than eradicating from the pan.
How to Store Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
Like most keto recipes these muffins retailer very well. We’ve left these on the counter for a few week and so they had been wonderful. If you do have the area although we all the time suggest the fridge simply to verify they final so long as potential.
You can even freeze this recipe should you bag up the muffins in a freezer protected zip high bag. They ought to final about three months within the freezer.
More Keto Muffin Recipes
If you wish to make extra muffins low carb, attempt a number of of those scrumptious keto bakery fashion recipes:
- High Fiber Keto Muffins – These scrumptious keto muffins are one among our favourite wholesome recipes as a result of each solely has zero.6 internet carbs and 14 grams of fiber!
- Coconut Flour Muffin Tops – This recipe is a cross between muffin tops and coconut cookies. It’s fairly unbeatable, particularly as a result of it’s filled with juicy blueberries.
- Blueberry Muffins – This is the almond flour variation of the recipe above. Except these ones style similar to a fluffy espresso store muffin.
- Pecan Muffins – These are a little bit extra complicated to make, however properly well worth the effort. Each muffin screams vacation emotions so you may really feel prepared for fall earlier than it arrives.
If you say you don’t like muffin recipes you might be 100% a liar. Everyone wants no less than two staple muffin recipes to deliver to get togethers and breakfasts. Every recipe you study after that’s only a perk!
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate chip muffins will all the time make the right mid- day snack or pick- me up deal with. If you’re keen on making a wide range of various kinds of muffins you may even make this recipe base and sub the chocolate chips out for nuts or berries.
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Dense chocolate chip muffins loaded to the brim with wealthy darkish chocolate sugar free chips.
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories per serving 309kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Preheat the oven to 375°F
Melt the butter in a big bowl.
Add the vanilla, salt, and sweetener then combine. The sweetener ought to begin to dissolve and make a creamed butter consistency.
Now add the almond flour, baking powder, and eggs. Mix once more properly to interrupt aside any clumps.
Stir within the chocolate chips. Optionally omit some chocolate chips for topping the muffins earlier than baking.
Fill a silicone muffin pan with the batter distributing it evenly between 12 muffins.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or till the highest is golden and a toothpick comes out clear.
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g30%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 325IU7%
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.