I’ve by no means met an individual who doesn’t love blueberry muffins. That’s why we created these Low Carb Muffins utilizing recent blueberries! Matt is a die arduous Otis Spunkmeyer fan, whereas I are likely to favor the scrumptious Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffin. While our loyalties are divided, we each agree, it’s time to create a keto muffin recipe to as soon as once more get pleasure from our favourite breakfast pastry.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals record and new recipes each week!
Are Blueberry Muffins Easy to Make?
While regular blueberry muffins have a number of steps resembling making ready moist and dry substances, our keto blueberry muffins are tremendous easy and prepared in below an hour. This recipe is gluten free as a result of we use almond flour. Thankfully meaning the batter can’t be overworked like regular gluten flours. This permits us to skip the separating step and as a substitute of getting dry substances AND moist substances, we solely need to soiled one bowl.
Blueberries on Keto?
I’m positive the burning query for many individuals is, “Are blueberries keto? ” Technically blueberries sparsely are keto pleasant. These keto blueberry muffins are refined sugar free and solely 4g complete carbs/ 3g internet carbs per muffin. Too many blueberries are usually not keto as they’ve the next quantity of sugar and energy than most berries. However this recipe is just utilizing just a few in every muffin so the carbs are low sufficient that they nonetheless match inside keto macros.
Benefits to Blueberries
Blueberries have tons of well being advantages resembling excessive ranges of antioxidants and potassium. They are additionally wealthy in vitamin C and phytoflavinoids (compounds which shield and defend our our bodies from stress) (1). Blueberries have additionally been identified to assist with decreasing irritation in addition to combating diseases. Their defensive properties towards sickness is because of the excessive ranges of vitamin C they comprise.
These keto blueberry muffins are usually not solely good for a low carb way of life, but additionally for shielding your physique from sickness. With that in thoughts, it’s secure to say you’ll be able to eat a pair keto blueberry muffins a day to maintain the medical doctors away!
How to Make Keto Blueberry Muffins
If you’re able to discover ways to make the proper keto blueberry muffins, i’ve acquired you lined. We’re going to interrupt down the very best substances like almond flour, sugar free sweeteners, and extra. As nicely as stroll you thru step-by-step in making the very best refined sugar free keto blueberry muffins.
There are just a few instruments we suggest to make the very best muffin recipes. Here is what we used for this recipe and what we suggest you could have available:
Muffin Tin: A muffin tin or muffin pan as some name it, is crucial to this recipe. Without a top quality muffin pan these wouldn’t bake or take away correctly.
Hand Mixer: While not important, we strongly suggest buying a hand mixer. We use our hand mixer extra typically than a stand mixer, and this one particularly permits for simple compact storage of all of the attachments and cords.
The greatest treats are made with the very best substances, and our keto recipes all the time prioritize high quality.
- 1 cup almond flour– Almond flour is without doubt one of the greatest gluten free keto flours available on the market. Since almond flour is manufactured from solely almonds, it has a stunning nutty high quality that a completely different ingredient resembling coconut flour couldn’t carry to the desk. Coconut flour can be extremely absorbent so you can’t sub almond flour for coconut flour on this keto recipe.
- 2 tsp baking powder– Baking powder is completely different than baking soda so it would be best to be sure to’re utilizing the right leavener for this recipe.
- 1/four cup butter, melted– Butter brings moisture to this muffin recipe so that they keep moist and flavorful for days. If you’re dairy free, coconut oil would work instead of the butter on this recipe. Just know coconut oil doesn’t have a conventional muffin style and will likely be a little bit extra coco-nutty in taste than butter.
- 2 tbsp almond milk- You can use any sort of milk substitute resembling coconut, macadamia, cashew, and even flax milk. If you don’t have any milk substitutes you’re welcome to make use of heavy cream however know it should change the macros.
- 2 giant eggs- We discovered 1 to be too few and three giant eggs to be too many. Two was the proper in-between!
- 1/four cup erythritol– Erythritol is certainly one of our fundamental sugar free sweeteners of selection. It is keto pleasant and works completely to carry a lightweight sweetness to those low carb/ keto blueberry muffins.
- 20 drops liquid stevia– Stevia is one other pure sugar free sweetener that’s identified for being very concentrated. We love a mixture of erythritol and stevia as a result of we discover them to enhance one another in sweetness, whereas additionally stopping any digestive misery that sugar alcohols can carry.
- 70 grams recent blueberries- We all the time go recent every time attainable with these muffins. While you should utilize frozen blueberries, we don’t suggest it. Frozen blueberries can have a good quantity of extra water. This water might make the batter too moist and never capable of bake evenly. If you do select to make use of frozen blueberries be certain to allow them to defrost and drain any extra liquid earlier than including them to the batter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract– Somewhat vanilla extract goes a great distance so don’t go away it out!
- 1/four tsp Pink Himalayan Salt– Believe it or not, salt really brings out the sweetness in baked items and is advisable in not solely keto baking, however all baking.
Now that you’ve got your substances able to go we will start baking the keto blueberry muffins. Follow together with the following pointers and instructions to have your muffins come out excellent each time.
- To start, grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups and preheat your oven to 350 levels F- If you intend on making muffins in a muffin liner, use paper cups as they stick lower than the aluminum ones. If you do use aluminum it would be best to grease these as nicely.
- In a big mixing bowl soften the butter within the microwave, be certain to go in 20-30 second intervals so the butter doesn’t get too scorching and pop within the microwave.
- Now add within the remaining substances, minus the blueberries and mix utilizing a hand mixer or a whisk till uniform in consistency (as seen in video)- Make positive the almond flour has no clumps, and the vanilla extract & baking powder is evenly distributed.
- Once mixed, you’ll be able to gently fold within the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the batter all through eight muffins in a muffin tin, after which bake for 22-25 minutes. You’ll know the muffins are accomplished when a toothpick comes out clear.
- Allow to chill for 5-10 minutes previous to dealing with. If you take away them too early they may stick with the tin and wrappers, or crumble and collapse.
- The greatest keto blueberry muffins must be saved in a zipper high bag or air tight container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Enjoy with some butter for a fast seize and go breakfast!
How to Store Low Carb Muffins
Be positive to retailer these within the fridge. They will likely be good for 7-10 days out of the fridge. With just about all keto recipes you wish to retailer them within the fridge as a consequence of their excessive moisture content material in comparison with conventional pastries and baked items. Freezing these isn’t the very best concept as a result of you’ll lose the delicate muffin texture when frozen.
If anybody in your loved ones is a muffin lover otherwise you’re on the lookout for an excellent seize and go snack/ meal then you must make these simple keto muffins for meal prep! These low carb muffins will remind you of your favourite blueberry muffins you used to eat pre-keto. So do your self a favor and go make them!
Tips for Making Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Our most well-liked strategy to make these can be in bulk on a Sunday morning. Not solely will you could have a mid-day Sunday snack or submit dinner dessert able to dig into, however you’ll have a seize and go breakfast or snack for your complete week!
Almond Flour vs Coconut Flour
For this recipe we’re going with almond flour because it higher compliments the blueberry taste and ends in a conventional muffin texture. Coconut flour gained’t have the identical impact and isn’t an appropriate substitute for almond flour on this recipe.
Pro Tip: The extra finely floor the almond flour you utilize, the higher outcomes you’ll have with this recipe. Using almond meal, or a extra coarsely floor almond flour means your low carb muffins gained’t be fairly as fluffy.
Use Fresh Blueberries
Nothing compares to a blueberry muffin made with recent blueberries which can be in season. Blueberry season is from April to October within the United States. If you intend on making these muffins exterior of these months, it’s most likely greatest to get berries that had been picked and frozen throughout blueberry season. Just be certain the berries are at room temperature and any extra liquid is eliminated earlier than including to the muffin batter.
Use Almond Milk or Heavy Cream
A little bit of further liquid is named for on this recipe, and we like to make use of unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream. If you don’t have both of these then any type of milk various will work. This could possibly be coconut milk, flax milk, cashew milk or macadamia nut milk. If you’re uncertain about your batter attempt to evaluate it to the thickness we obtain within the recipe video on the high of this weblog submit.
Dip Muffins in Erythritol
This creates the traditional sugar topping that most individuals count on from a blueberry muffin. Use granular erythritol to realize this impact in a keto pleasant style. If you’re new to keto baking then learn up on our submit about keto sweeteners and that are essentially the most appropriate for a ketogenic food plan.
Pro Tip: Allow the muffins to chill for Three-5 minutes earlier than dipping them within the erythritol topping. This will carry the muffins to the proper temperature for the erythritol to stay with out dissolving!
Change Up the Flavor of Your Keto Muffins
You can take two of those to work with a pair tablespoons of butter and have a desk snack that everybody will likely be jealous of. Change up the flavors and have assorted muffins for your complete household. My favorites can be:
- Cinnamon Swirl (warmed up with some butter)- Try including 1-2 tsp of cinnamon to half the batter. Using equal elements swirl the plain and cinnamon batters collectively earlier than baking.
- Pecan Pie- Instead of standard butter use browned butter and blend in chopped up pecans
- Lemon Poppy Seed (utilizing lemon juice and zest together with poppy seeds) or you may make those we’ve on our meals weblog already!
I’m Muff’in Without Recipes!
Looking for extra scrumptious muffin recipes? All our muffins are gluten free and low in internet carbs. Keto blueberry muffins are all the time a success however strive our:
- Keto Pecan Muffins– Like a pecan pie these muffins are nutty and spiced. Plus they’re sugar free keto muffins that work completely as a candy deal with or as a breakfast on the go.
- Low Carb Chocolate Muffins– A wealthy chocolate muffin that takes the keto food plan to a different degree. Who knew chocolate muffins that style identical to the little bites rising up could possibly be so good!
- Keto Macro Muffins– These are by far the very best keto muffins in a macro sense. They are usually not solely scrumptious, but additionally nutritious! Sugar free keto pleasant muffins that truly match completely into keto objectives.
- Pepperoni Pizza Zucchini Muffins– A lovey tackle a savory muffin. This muffin is filled with fats and protein to make a satiating meal alternative on the go.
If you like testing new recipes give these a strive! We’re positive you’ll love not less than one, if not ALL of those tasty low carb recipes that match completely on a keto food plan.
Easy Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe!
Sometimes you’re simply hankering for a blueberry muffin, however don’t have the persistence or time to whip up a batch of those scrumptious low carb muffins. In that occasion, we’ve acquired you lined with our low carb blueberry mug cake recipe! It takes lower than two minutes to make and can completely fulfill your muffin cravings! In case you didn’t know Matthew and I are mug cake aficionados. We make mug desserts on a regular basis and we’ve even included six by no means earlier than seen mug cake recipes in The Fat Bomb Bible!
Recipe may be rapidly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Low Carb Blueberry Muffins”
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Moist muffins filled with candy blueberries and baked to perfection.
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings eight muffins
Calories per serving 154kcal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Resting Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups (and grease these if not suing parchment paper cups) and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
In a big mixing bowl soften the butter within the microwave.
Add within the remaining substances, aside from the blueberries and mix utilizing a hand mixer or a whisk till uniform in consistency (as seen in video).
Gently fold in your recent blueberries.
Evenly divide the batter all through eight muffins and bake for 22-25 minutes.
Allow to chill for 5-10 minutes previous to dealing with.
Best saved in a zipper high bag or air tight container within the fridge as much as 5 days. Enjoy with some butter for a fast seize and go breakfast!
Net Carbs: 3g
Serving Size: 1 Blueberry Muffin
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.