Note: Hi, pals! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn a bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something further, and is a pleasant method to assist help this website! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
The different day, I wandered round Trader Joe’s with a buddy of mine and we ended up discovering their maple oat milk. Of course, it was fairly excessive in carbs and undoubtedly not keto-friendly, however it acquired me considering, and impressed me to attempt to make a maple-flavored vegan keto espresso creamer. After making an attempt just a few totally different nut milk bases, this vegan keto maple walnut milk was the winner.
This is an excellent easy recipe that solely requires just a few elements and takes just about no time to make. That being stated, as a result of the elements are so minimal, it’s necessary to verify those you select are top quality and saved correctly to keep up freshness. This is very necessary with nuts which are excessive in oils like walnuts. I’ve made the error of shopping for low-cost walnuts earlier than to make use of in an analogous recipe (my vegan keto eggnog, truly!) and so they tasted so rancid, there was no saving it and I needed to toss the entire batch and purchase new walnuts. Lesson discovered. Along these strains, I additionally advocate storing nuts in a cool, darkish place. If you will have room in your fridge, that is superb, however so long as your pantry stays fairly cool, the nuts needs to be fantastic.
Similarly, as a result of a lot of the flavour on this recipe comes from the sugar-free maple syrup, it would be best to select a top quality one. My absolute favourite keto-friendly syrup is from Lakanto. This has been my go-to for YEARS. It is the one sugar-free maple syrup that I’ve tried that has not upset my abdomen (so many are made with gross sweeteners that may kick you out of ketosis and trigger some intense digestive discomfort). The taste can also be implausible! You can even save 20% in your order with the code MeatFreeKeto, and assist help the location whereas saving cash – win, win!.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Maple Walnut Milk
- Like I discussed above, the syrup I take advantage of right here is from Lakanto and you’ll save 20% with the code MeatFreeKeto.com!
- A bit of separation is completely regular. Just shake up the milk earlier than utilizing. This shops for every week within the fridge (although I all the time drink mine nicely earlier than we hit that mark!).
- I all the time pressure my milk with a nut milk bag to take away items of the pores and skin and any massive chunks. It’s not completely crucial, however undoubtedly significantly improves the feel!
- The thickness of this walnut milk is round that of almond milk, however you may make it further creamy by doubling the quantity of walnuts used. Just take into account that this can mainly double the energy and carbs per serving as nicely.
- If you possibly can’t eat (or don’t like) walnuts, you possibly can substitute them for an equal measure of any of the next: pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews or almonds. Just take into account that cashews are a bit increased in carbs and that hazeluts and almonds are a bit more durable, so extra soaking and mixing can be crucial!
- While I attempt to supply correct vitamin data, totally different manufacturers and forms of elements may have differing dietary values. So, your calculations could fluctuate barely.
Vegan Keto Maple Walnut Milk
A scrumptious fall-flavored beverage that pairs fantastically with espresso, tea and even some low-carb granola!
- 1/four cup (30g) uncooked walnuts
- 2 cups (480ml) water, plus a bit extra for soaking
- 1-2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup (I take advantage of 2 if I am making this to place in tea or espresso and 1 if I am utilizing it to pour over granola or cereal)
- pinch of salt (elective)
- Place the walnuts in a small bowl, cowl with water and soak in a single day OR soak in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the walnuts and add to a blender with the two cups (480ml) water.
- Blend till easy.
- Strain utilizing a nut milk bag to take away any remaining chunks or bits of pores and skin.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid that seals tightly. Add within the sugar-free syrup and salt and shake to mix.
- Store for as much as every week within the fridge
The serving measurement relies on the quantity that I often use for a cup of espresso or tea. 🙂