Is satisfying your candy tooth on keto doable? Yes, it’s! These keto peanut butter balls are wholesome, pack an excellent quantity of protein and also you wager they gained’t kick you out of ketosis! Definitely a keto pleasant deal with for all of the peanut butter lovers on the market – together with me, surely.
Ever heard of the time period “keto fat bomb”? Well, these keto peanut butter protein balls are precisely that! You get a lot of fats and protein in a small low carb chew with some chocolate peanut butter taste. No must sacrifice your each day internet carb allowance both – these are low in carbs and are completely compliant with the ketogenic food plan.
No Bake Keto Peanut Butter Balls
This might be one of the best factor relating to simple keto recipes – no baking! Loads of keto snack recipes name for utilizing the oven and that may go South in a short time. If you’re not conversant in utilizing totally different low carb flours or simply not a baking individual, you may find yourself with a catastrophe and that has occurred to me loads of instances.
No worries about that with our keto vitality balls recipe – there’s no baking concerned. I don’t learn about you however I soar into making issues I don’t must bake actually fast as a result of they’re simple to make and there’s no problem concerned. Plus, who likes to scrub baking trays? Not me!
All you’ll need is 5 easy elements to make these keto peanut butter balls. I like to recommend having all of them in your pantry always – you should use them for loads of different keto and low carb recipes.
If you need to spice issues up, you may add peanut butter powder, a keto pleasant powdered sweetener and even your flavoring of selection, comparable to vanilla extract. However, to make this recipe as low carb and as simple as doable, we determined to go away them out.
- Coconut flour: one of many two hottest low carb flours, on this peanut butter balls recipe we use it as a binder to carry the peanut butter combination collectively. We’re utilizing the coconut type right here as a substitute of almond flour as a result of it’s way more absorbent and we solely want a bit of bit.
Maple syrup(sugar free): for those who can’t discover it at your native grocery retailer, you may absolutely discover it on Amazon. Look for the one which has no sugars added and is low in internet carbs. In this recipe we used it so as to add a little bit of the roasted and chicory taste to our keto peanut butter balls.
- Peanut butter (pure and sugar free): do you know that peanut butter is wealthy in protein and magnesium? It’s additionally keto and low carb! It’s undoubtedly a base for our no bake peanut butter balls, however ensure you seek for probably the most pure and sugar free choice yow will discover.
- Chocolate chips (sugar free): these will give these keto peanut butter balls a scrumptious chocolate coating and maintain them collectively. Search for chocolate that’s sugar free, ideally a keto and low carb pleasant one. If it isn’t marketed as such and also you don’t need to order it from Amazon, decide the darkish chocolate type with the very best quantity of cocoa.
- Coconut oil: on this recipe we’re utilizing coconut oil to dilute the chocolate coating a bit and make it simpler to dip the peanut butter protein balls in. If you don’t have it in your pantry, I recommend you exit and purchase it as a result of it’s one of many healthiest ketogenic must-haves. Make positive to take a look at information on one of the best MCT oil for keto.
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Balls?
While that is certainly one of our best keto recipes, I simply needed to provide you some helpful suggestions when you’re making these. You may also scroll down for a full step-by-step information with all the main points you want.
- Use a spoon or scoop to maintain peanut butter balls constant in measurement
- Make positive you freeze the balls earlier than you dip them into chocolate
- Use a fork as a substitute of a toothpick to dip – in any other case you’ll find yourself with a little bit of a multitude
- Microwave chocolate and coconut oil or use a double boiler to soften it
- If the peanut butter balls are dropping form, add extra coconut flour
Step 1: Combine elements
In a big bowl, combine collectively sugar free peanut butter, sugar free
If the dough is simply too moist or is dropping its form as a substitute of resembling a ball, add extra coconut flour.
Step 2: Form balls
Use your arms to roll the dough into balls. To ensure they’re the identical measurement, use a spoon or a small ice cream scoop. Then, kind peanut butter balls till no dough is left and place them on a baking sheet with beforehand lined parchment paper.
Step three: Pop them within the freezer
Place all peanut butter protein balls within the freezer and chill for 30 minutes. Don’t skip this step! Chilling the balls will make it simpler so that you can dip them into heat, melted chocolate and on the similar time maintaining their form constant.
Step four: Melt chocolate
Melt chocolate chips in a microwave secure bowl along with coconut oil. It’s finest you microwave it in 30-second intervals and stir in between to forestall burning. If you don’t have a microwave, you should use a double boiler or soften chocolate very rigorously in a pot over low warmth.
Step 5: Coat peanut butter balls
Remove keto peanut butter balls from the freezer. Grab a fork and drop the balls into the chocolate, turning them round in order that they’re coated nicely on both sides. To keep away from a multitude, don’t use a toothpick and undoubtedly don’t use your arms – if the melted chocolate is simply too scorching, it might burn you.
If your chocolate will get a bit stiff, warmth it up a bit of as soon as once more.
Step 6: Finish up coating
Using a fork, decide up the peanut butter balls very gently and knock off any additional chocolate on the aspect of the bowl.
Step 7: Freeze once more
Place coated keto peanut butter balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze till set. It would possibly take about an hour or two, however it’s finest for those who go away it within the freezer in a single day. Then, merely pop them into your fridge for 15 minutes if you would like them to be chewy inside. Enjoy!
Thinking of substituting some keto pleasant elements? Wondering for those who can freeze peanut butter balls for later? Read these tricks to discover out if it’s doable! If these questions don’t reply your issues, go away a remark beneath and we’ll be more than pleased to reply.
Is peanut butter keto?
It positive is! Peanut butter is generally fats and protein with little or no carbohydrates. There’s a bit of catch although – most peanut butters yow will discover at your native grocery retailer comprise added sugar (with out even mentioning it on the label, in fact).
Look for natural, pure peanut butter with no added sweeteners. All peanut butter could have some sort of sugar in it, however these are pure sugars. It’s the added ones we have to be careful for.
Good peanut butter shouldn’t have any greater than 2-3g of internet carbs per 1 tablespoon.
Where can I discover sugar free chocolate chips?
It’s necessary you don’t use common chocolate chips for this keto peanut butter balls recipe. Depending on the model, common choco chips comprise about 9 to 12g of carbohydrates per tablespoon. That’s virtually half of the carbs you may eat inside a day!
Instead, use keto and low carb pleasant, no sugar chocolate chips. If you may’t discover them at your native grocery retailer, attempt larger ones or get them on Amazon. In comparability to common chocolate chips, sugar free ones have round 3g of internet carbs per tablespoon. That’s an enormous distinction.
Can I exploit a unique nut butter?
If you’re keto however paleo as nicely, you may swap peanut butter for almond butter or cashew butter. You might have to regulate the coconut flour a bit by including a bit of extra or utilizing rather less.
If you need to make nut-free keto food plan balls you may swap peanut butter for tahini or sunflower seed butter. We haven’t tried this mixture and chances are you’ll must mess around with the remainder of the elements a bit, however it absolutely gained’t be a tough job.
Can I exploit almond flour as a substitute?
In this specific recipe we used coconut flour and we haven’t experimented with utilizing almond flour as a substitute. Coconut flour is kind of absorbent, which means it sucks up loads of the moisture round it.
If you utilize almond flour as a substitute in an identical quantity as coconut flour, your keto peanut butter balls will in all probability lose their form or not maintain collectively in any respect.
Since we’re not doing any baking right here, you may experiment with substituting almond flour for coconut flour, however be conscious that you just’ll in all probability must double and even triple the quantity.
How to retailer peanut butter balls?
For on a regular basis consuming, we advocate you hold them within the fridge. Room temperature could trigger your peanut butter balls to lose form and turn into too mushy. We additionally discovered that one of the simplest ways to eat them is to take them out of the fridge after which wait 10-15 minutes till they turn into a bit softer inside.
To retailer them long run, hold them in your freezer. They can keep there for as much as two months.
The key to their longevity is figuring out how you can retailer them correctly. First, freeze them on a baking sheet. Then, place in ziploc luggage in smaller batches. To thaw, place a bag within the fridge in a single day and they are going to be prepared by breakfast!
More Keto Fat Bomb Recipes:
Looking for extra keto and low carb recipes? Here is a short record of fats bombs you can also make to fulfill your candy tooth with out compromising your each day ketogenic macros:
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs – you may whip these up in beneath 10 minutes! If you miss sneaking up and consuming cookie dough straight out of the fridge, these will certainly hit the spot.
- Keto Coconut Fat Bombs – you’ll solely want three elements to make these and luxuriate in on the go everytime you need a candy keto chew! These are nice if you wish to up your each day fat with almost 10g of fats per one serving.
- Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs – creamy, scrumptious and filled with wholesome fat. These will solely take you 10 minutes to arrange and are made with elements you in all probability have already got in your fridge. One fats bomb has 13g of fats and solely 1g of internet carbs.
- Keto Shelf Stable Fat Bombs – yep, it’s doable! You don’t must hold these within the freezer or the fridge. They’re good as they’re, ready for you everytime you’re prepared. Less than 1g of internet carbs and 20g of wholesome fat in a single single fats bomb!
- Keto Mini Brownie Bites – for those who’re craving one thing chocolatey however you don’t actually have loads of internet carbs leftover for the day, these will do the job. No baking, you can also make them in bulk and seize them whenever you’re on the go.
- Keto Almond Joy Fat Bombs – earlier than I went keto, Almond Joy was my favourite responsible pleasure so surely that is certainly one of my favourite keto fats bomb recipes. Grab some sugar free chocolate and some different elements to make these and also you’ll be in coconut almond heaven quickly, I promise.
Just in case you’re an enormous fan of fats bombs and wish extra concepts, take a look at our article on the 17 Best Keto Fat Bomb Recipes!
Are You a Fan of Healthy Keto Snacks?
Let us know within the feedback which wholesome keto snacks are your favourite! Also, undoubtedly drop us a line for those who tried our recipe. We’d love to listen to your ideas and suggestions!
Keto Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
These keto peanut butter balls are wholesome, pack an excellent quantity of protein and also you wager they will not kick you out of ketosis!
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 9 balls
Calories per serving 223kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
In a big bowl mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut flour. It ought to kind right into a cookie dough like combination.
Roll the dough into balls, utilizing a tablespoon to maintain measurement constant. Place balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Place the balls into the freezer to sit back for 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave secure bowl with the coconut oil. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in-between to forestall burning.
Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer. Using a fork drop the peanut butter ball into the chocolate and transfer it round to coat.
Gently elevate the chocolate coated ball up on the fork and faucet the fork frivolously in opposition to the bowl to knock of any additional chocolate.
Place all dipped balls on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze till set.
If you might be utilizing very runny peanut butter that isn’t correctly setting, you may add one other tablespoon of coconut flour to create construction.
Keto Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g30%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.