Note: Hi, associates! Just a a fast reminder – a few of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn slightly money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something additional, and is a pleasant means to assist assist this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Even although this February is without doubt one of the warmest on file right here in MA, it’s nonetheless chilly sufficient to warrant making a brand new batch of soup each week (a minimum of!). The one I’ve been making continuous this month is a peanut butter soup that depends on Thai crimson curry paste for the remainder of the flavour. This low carb vegan peanut butter crimson curry soup is very easy to make (particularly in an instant pot!), filling and scrumptious, so I hope that you simply get pleasure from it as a lot as I do!
One of the issues that stops me from making numerous recipes both in cookbooks or on-line is seeing an inventory of 20 elements, half of which I don’t personal and for which I’ll doubtless by no means discover one other use. So, like with a lot of the recipes right here, I’ve tried to make use of as few elements as doable to nonetheless create one thing tasty, so we each don’t must go bankrupt to make dinner! In line with that, this recipe solely wants the next:
- peanut butter
- Thai crimson curry paste
- vegetable broth
- sprouted tofu
- cauliflower and/or broccoli
If you don’t like these greens, you could possibly actually use no matter you need. You additionally don’t have so as to add the mushrooms, for those who don’t like them. While not obligatory, I do like so as to add some garnish, however that may actually be no matter you are feeling will go properly with this. There’s no rule about what so as to add, it’s simply primarily based by yourself preferences. Some garnishes I like so as to add (although not all of sudden) are:
- lime zest and/or juice
- chopped peanuts
- crimson pepper flakes
You’ll see within the photos that I’ve added scallions and peanuts to the highest of those, in addition to lime juice (although that’s not likely seen). This is usually what I add to dishes made with crimson curry paste, as I at all times have this stuff available.
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Peanut Red Curry Soup
- The curry paste I exploit is the one from Thai Kitchen. And sure, I did purchase it within the large measurement, as a result of I truly use it fairly usually. This one is vegan, however there are positively some on the market that aren’t, so checking labels is a good suggestion!
- I exploit sprouted tofu for two causes: it’s simpler on my digestive system and decrease in carbs. The one I purchase is named Wildwood, however you may as well get one from Trader Joe’s.
- I prefer to eat this curry as-is, however it’s additionally nice over cauli-rice!
- This recipe makes Three servings, however can very simply be doubled. 🙂
- I’ve made this with each recent and frozen greens. Both work nice!
- If you possibly can’t eat soy, hemp tofu is an effective choice. You may additionally use no matter meat substitute you need right here.
- If you possibly can’t eat peanut butter, you could possibly use sunflower seed butter, almond butter and even soy nut butter right here. Just remember to verify the label for added sugar!
- I say “2-3 minutes” right here as a result of regardless that the timing is slightly completely different, that additional minute is a LOT. If you need the greens to be barely “al dente,” go together with 2 minutes. At Three minutes, they’re mush, however the tofu is barely firmer. I’d advocate attempting at 2 minutes first, as a result of you possibly can at all times warmth it slightly longer within the IP.
- If you don’t have an instant pot, simply simmer the entire elements collectively in a lined pot for about 20 minutes, till the greens have softened a bit. Be certain to stir it in order that the curry paste and peanut butter totally combine.
- While I attempt to supply correct vitamin data, completely different manufacturers have completely different nutrient values, so your calculations could differ!
Low Carb Vegan Peanut Butter Red Curry Soup (gluten-free, instant pot recipe)
This warming soup is tremendous simple to make in your instant pot, wealthy in protein and scrumptious! It’s additionally gluten-free and simply adaptable to accommodate allergy symptoms.
- 1/four cup (64g) peanut butter
- 1/four cup (60g) Thai crimson curry paste
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- ~8oz/225g tofu
- 1 cup (100g) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (200g) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (70g) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Optional garnish: crushed peanuts, scallions, basil, parsley, lime juice/zest, crimson pepper flakes
- Mix the peanut butter, curry paste and broth within the IP and set to “saute.” Heat and stir till all the pieces is mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Add within the remaining elements, cowl and strain prepare dinner on excessive for 2-Three minutes (see notes).
- De-pressurize utilizing both the “natural” or “hybrid” technique. I normally use the hybrid technique – let sit for about 10 minutes, then open the valve and launch the remaining strain.
- Garnish and serve!
Cooking for two minutes leaves the veggies extra intact, whereas at Three minutes they’re fairly gentle. The tofu is slightly chewier at Three minutes, although.