If you’ve been following me for some time, you realize I really like Everly’s fruit drink mixes. In truth, I’ve an entire listing of keto cocktails and mocktails you may make with them and I’ve made gelatin jigglers too. (Use my code WICKEDSTUFFED to get 15% off)
But this time when Everly requested if I wished to companion up, I knew I wished to take it to the following stage as a result of there isn’t a lot on the market in the best way of flavoring issues in a fruity sort of means that can be keto-friendly, and I’ve been dying to make some sort of rainbow or unicorn cupcake. I had really supposed to make these appear like little unicorns, nevertheless it simply wasn’t in my playing cards. I nonetheless assume they appear cute, they usually style like what I really feel like a rainbow would style like for those who may eat it.
The excellent news, and my greatest takeaway from this recipe, is that utilizing Everly’s drink mixes in a buttercream frosting makes probably the most ridiculously good frosting. Maybe too good as a result of I may have eaten a stick of butter once I made these!
I even made a video of my creating these little morsels, and the video isn’t the best as a result of making an attempt to cook dinner and movie isn’t simple, and it’s simply an Instagram story patched collectively, however I figured it was higher than nothing! 🙂
To make these keto rainbow meringue cupcakes, I used Everly’s Grape Hydration drink combine for the cake, their Peach Mango hydration drink combine for the frosting, after which Fruit Punch hydration drink combine for the meringue on prime. I’ll warn you, the meringue could be very delicate, not the crunchy stuff. I believe that may have been improved if I’d have added extra erythritol into the combination to present it some weight, however they served their goal, and let me let you know it’s positively like placing a rainbow in your mouth once you attempt these!
Even for those who don’t make this actual recipe as a result of it’s positively labor-intensive, you possibly can see how Everly’s drink mixes will be changed into desserts and frostings, and used to make colourful baked items. The buttercream frosting was out of this world, I’d like to attempt it with extra flavors and simply make easy cupcakes utilizing this identical recipe.
So let’s get to it! Here’s the recipe!
Fruity Meringue Keto Cupcakes
Using Everly’s drink mixes, I created this fruity concoction, it’s like a rainbow in your mouth, by the vessel of a cupcake!
- 1 tsp Everly’s Grape drink combine
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- three/four tsp baking powder
- 1/three cup granulated erythritol
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 12-cup mini muffin tin with liners
- Optional: purple meals coloring
I extremely suggest utilizing a stand mixer for this, you should use it for the meringue, frosting, and cake to make for simple cleanup.
Making the meringues:
- Preheat oven to 200F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper in order that the meringues take away simply when cooked. Add room-temp egg whites into stand mixer and blend on excessive till it will get white and frothy, then add cream of tartar to stabilize, add Everly’s Fruit Punch drink combine, and proceed mixing on excessive till it types stiff peaks and appears a bit shiny. Then spoon right into a piping bag, reduce off the tip (or use a tip if in case you have one) and squeeze into little dollops as proven, making particular person meringues. Bake for about 30 minutes, then take away and let cool.
Making the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In your mixer, add butter, Everly’s Grape drink combine and blend till it seems a bit like whipped cream.
- Add the remainder of the components and blend till clean.
- In the meantime, line mini muffin/cupcake tin and spray. When clean, fill the tin along with your cake combine, largely to the highest as a result of they don’t rise all that a lot.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or till you poke it with a fork and it comes out clear. Remove from the oven and put aside to chill.
Making the frosting:
- In your mixer (cleaned first), mix all of your frosting components and blend till clean.
- Add right into a piping bag and use a flowery tip or simply use scissors to chop the tip.
Now, simply pipe frosting on prime of all of your cupcakes and add a meringue on prime, and luxuriate in!
(Visited 2 instances, 2 visits at present)