Chicken tenders aren’t only for children. Enjoy our scrumptious keto hen tenders in all their juicy meat and crispy breaded glory.
Are Chicken Tenders Keto?
Traditional hen tenders or hen strips are NOT keto. Low carb keto recipes are ideally beneath 10 web carbs a serving. Most hen strips you get at eating places have 10 carbs a young.
While it does rely on how a lot breading they use, most corporations are utilizing a thick batter earlier than frying to get it further crisp.
Chicken Tenders are additionally made with wheat flour or white flour that incorporates gluten thus making the tenders not keto pleasant.
Can I Eat Gluten Free Chicken Tenders on Keto?
While common flour for certain makes hen strips unavailable on keto, so does some gluten free flour variations.
If it’s a gluten free flour primarily based on starches like rice, tapioca, cassava, or corn it isn’t keto permitted. These low-cost bulking flours are carb heavy and infrequently have the identical quantity of carbs as common flour, simply with none added fiber.
Our keto hen tenders nevertheless are one other story. We use top quality components like almond flour because the breading to maintain the web carbs down and the fiber excessive.
This approach you may eat a number of hen tenders 100% guilt free, figuring out all of the protein and fats will assist maintain you full for hours.
Are Tysons Chicken Tenders Keto?
Again this one varies primarily based on the tenders you purchase. Costco for instance sells two variations, one breaded and one simply grilled.
The breaded hen tenders recipe wouldn’t be keto, however the grilled keto hen strips could be low carb permitted.
Their grilled hen recipes normally have between 1-four grams of carbs as a result of they use a little bit of fillers and a whole lot of flavorful spices.
Baked vs. Fried Keto Chicken Tenders
A query that we get so much about keto hen strips is whether or not they need to be baked or fried? Like most low carb recipes it’s actually as much as the chef how they wish to put together the ultimate product.
Fried Chicken Tenders
It is essential to know completely different cooking strategies won’t yield the identical outcomes. Frying in a whole lot of oil tends to make a crispier batter, however it additionally means you’ll be creating extra energy you would have averted by baking.
The different draw back to frying is that it’s fairly messy, however once more the payoff is tremendous scrumptious and extremely palatable hen tenders that style like the true factor.
Baked Keto Chicken Tenders
Like we mentioned above frying could be messy and calorie dense which is why we usually bake our hen tenders. The recipe itself is made with baking instructions not frying instructions as a result of we discover it simpler.
The texture is completely different when baked although as a result of air can not totally stream across the low carb hen tenders to present a good bake. This is why it’s tremendous essential to go away loads of house between every tender on a cookie sheet to stop overcrowding.
While the oven baked tenders won’t be as crispy as fried hen, they’re nonetheless tremendous scrumptious!
Can I Cook Chicken Tenders within the Air Fryer?
This is one other query we all know we’re going to get requested. In the age of the air fryer everyone seems to be cooking every thing, from frozen pizza to mug muffins and cookies. So why wouldn’t you wish to make hen tenders keto within the air fryer?
We suppose the air fryer is a superb possibility for people who don’t wish to activate the oven, but in addition don’t wish to take care of sizzling oil.
The texture will find yourself at a stage between oven and fryer the place it’s crispy, however much less golden than sizzling oil. Our regular low carb keto hen tenders temperature for cooking is 400 for Eight-12 minutes. Check with a meat thermometer to make sure it has reached 165 levels earlier than eradicating hen from the basket.
Can I exploit Coconut Flour Instead of Almond Flour?
Where are our nut free kiddos!? It could be tremendous irritating when most keto recipes use nut primarily based flours as a substitute of coconut flour. However, whereas it might appear simple to simply swap out the almond for coconut flour, it isn’t really useful.
Coconut flour is low in web carbs due to all of the fiber, however tends to be so much drier in low carb recipes. This can imply the flour will suck out all of the hen’s moisture, and make it a ache to take pleasure in a single hen tender while not having a monster glass of water.
If you may’t have nuts, we as a substitute suggest attempting crushed pork rinds instead of almond flour. Simply mix up a bag of pork rinds after which use them as your new nut free breading.
Pork rinds are zero web carbs, excessive fats, and style further good when blended with a bit parmesan cheese.
How to Reheat Keto Chicken Tenders
Did you fill a baking sheet with baked hen tenders and now have too many left for your self? Have no concern, our keto hen strips retailer nice within the fridge for as much as every week and reheat even higher.
To reheat the hen tenders place them again onto a baking sheet and warmth in a 350 diploma oven till crispy, normally (four-Eight minutes).
For a good sooner reheat pop them into the air fryer at 400 levels for three-6 minutes, and voila a simple keto hen tender snack.
Freezing Low Carb Chicken Tenders
Once once more these keto hen tenders retailer fantastically in each the fridge, and freezer. To put together the hen tenders for freezing bake the entire recipe, after which permit the hen tenders recipe to completely cool.
Place the cooled keto hen tenders into a zipper high freezer bag and freeze mendacity flat to make sure not one of the tenders stick collectively.
To reheat: Set the oven to 375 and bake for 10-15 minutes, or till the hen tenders have baked and re-crisped.
What to Serve With Keto Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders are an ideal most important dish filled with protein, fats, and fiber; however typically placing collectively a full meal can seem to be a frightening process. Thankfully these hen tenders go together with absolutely anything, the breading serving to them to develop into an open canvas for a lot of sides.
Some of our favourite sides are:
- Cauliflower Hash Browns – While that is sometimes a breakfast aspect dish, we love having it with dinner as effectively. These go nice with hen tenders in case you’re searching for a dinner filled with finger meals.
- Keto Friendly Caesar Salad – Looking for one thing lighter? Our keto Caesar salad is a superb gentle starter with a little bit of veg and a whole lot of fats to assist the excessive protein hen meal forward.
- Keto Bread – Nothing beats a superb slice of selfmade bread. Recreate that feeling in a extra well being acutely aware method utilizing our keto bread recipe.
- Keto Mac and Cheese – This is surely our favourite keto aspect dish on our weblog. It combines the creaminess of cheese with a crunchy baked topping. The entire household will like it.
Don’t get hung up on the actual fact these are hen tenders. Who mentioned you may’t have elegant sides along with your hen strips? Have some enjoyable and make a elaborate aspect from our web site with on a regular basis you saved having your most important meal be hen tenders.
Tips to Make the Best Keto Chicken Tenders
Need assist perfecting your keto hen tenders? Don’t fret, we’ve acquired you with all our greatest hen cooking ideas and methods.
To make the most effective low carb hen strips:
- Always use a moist hand and a dry hand– Not solely will this make the breading course of smoother (aka no breaded arms), however it should additionally permit the low carb coating to stay extra evenly for a nicer bake.
- Add a bit cheese– This isn’t within the recipe itself because it’s not conventional for keto hen tenders, however including a bit parmesan cheese will carry this recipe up a notch. Parmesan cheese will add a bit further salt and crispiness when it bakes.
- Don’t overbake the hen– There is absolutely nothing worse than hen breast and tenders which might be overcooked. Since the breast doesn’t have fats it dries comparatively simple and might rapidly flip your mouth into the Sahara Desert.
- Don’t bake previous golden brown– While frying requires a deeper golden coloration to type earlier than the within is cooked, the identical can’t be mentioned about baked hen. Gluten free keto tenders will overcook inside earlier than the surface is totally golden so maintain that in thoughts whereas baking.
- Avoid altering flours– While it may be tempting to attempt new keto blends, the tried and true is normally almond flour. Even although we dabble in pork rinds sometimes, it’s not really useful to simply sub the almond flour willy- nilly for merchandise like gluten free keto cauliflower flour.
These are our greatest ideas for creating tasty keto hen tenders, however be at liberty to experiment with the intention to create the recipe that works greatest for you.
How to Make Keto Chicken Tenders
Ready to make some scrumptious keto hen tenders for the entire household? Get out your keto recipe card and let’s get to cooking!
For these keto pleasant hen tenders you’ll need 5 fundamental components. For the egg combination you’ll need eggs and good high quality heavy cream.
As for the dry components you’ll need almond flour (pork rinds crushed if nut free), salt, pepper, and no matter spices you take pleasure in. You could make your keto hen tenders as fundamental, or as flavorful as you need. Some concepts for further spices are garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne.
Finally you’ll need hen tenderloins. They promote these pre packed within the recent hen part of your native grocery retailer. If for some motive they’re out, you do have an alternative choice. Slice hen breasts into hen tender sized items and put together the identical approach.
Making Keto Chicken Tenders
To make your low carb hen tenders preheat the oven to 350 and blend collectively all of your spices.
Now combine collectively the egg and heavy cream till effectively mixed.
Dip the hen tenderloins (or sliced hen breast) first into the eggs after which into the dry components. Use one hand to dip into the moist and one into the dry.
Place the straightforward keto breaded hen onto a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining hen.
Once completed, bake your low carb hen strips for 30 minutes; or till they attain 165 levels. Make certain to flip midway. If you need them crispier merely broil for two-three minutes.
The Best Keto Dipping Sauces
This recipe is a should make for the entire household. Not solely is the diet info present stopping, however it can also prepare dinner in underneath 30 minutes and be served with no matter dipping sauce you want.
Picking a high quality dipping sauce could be tough on keto as a result of most sauce corporations are utilizing a number of sugar and low high quality vegetable oils. That’s why we usually make our personal sauce after which share the recipe right here.
Some of our favourite keto sauces are:
- Low Carb BBQ Sauce– BBQ sauce is a hen tender traditional with a touch of sweetness and a whole lot of southern twang.
- Ranch Dressing– My Midwesterners on the market know ranch dressing is the place it’s at! It’s gentle, creamy, and filled with recent herbs.
- Ketchup– Another household pleasant dip that’s laborious to search out somebody who isn’t a fan. Sugar free ketchup additionally has a hefty serving dimension earlier than you begin accumulating any actual variety of carbs.
These are simply our high three however there are tons extra keto pleasant sauces on the market to attempt. The most essential factor is that the diet info will suit your keto food plan, and the components are one thing you may be ok with.
More Low Carb Chicken Recipes
Now that you simply’re pounding wholesome hen tenders and sauce you will want extra hen recipes to fill your cravings. Our favourite keto hen recipes are:
- Keto Chicken Parmesan – This recipe is for all of the Italian meals lovers on the market. We made a keto pleasant breading and smothered it in cheese and marinara sauce. The better part is like all of our recipes it shops effectively in an hermetic container for keto meal prep.
- Chicken Crust Pizza – Pizza on a food plan might be not what you had been anticipating, however it certain is scrumptious. Enjoy a wholesome low carb keto pizza with simply 1 web carb a serving!
- Keto Fried Chicken – Fried hen is one in every of Americas favourite meals, so it’s little doubt that you simply’ll be needing a keto pleasant model fairly quickly.
- Keto Cashew Chicken – Cashew hen gone keto is a superb possibility for individuals who depend on takeout and quick meals for many of their meals. It reminds you of the unique however takes underneath 30 minutes to make and eat!
Easy keto hen recipes are our favourite as a result of we will take pleasure in one thing that tastes identical to the carb model with out having to smash our diets. For much more simple keto hen recipes try the hen part of our weblog.
Baked Keto Chicken Tenders Recipe
If you’ve been searching for the proper buffalo keto hen tender recipe to your keto food plan, look no additional!
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 Tenders
Calories per serving 212kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 levels.
Season hen tenders with salt and pepper. Season the almond flour generously with salt and pepper.
Beat 1 egg along with 1 tbsp of heavy cream.
Dip every tender first within the egg wash after which into the seasoned almond flour. We like to position the tenders in a Tupperware container with the almond flour and shake to coat. A Ziploc bag additionally works effectively.
Place tenders on a calmly greased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. If they aren’t as crispy as you prefer to you may moreover broil them for two-three minutes.
Allow tenders to chill for five minutes earlier than having fun with.
Store within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Baked Keto Chicken Tenders Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Vitamin A 104IU2%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.